Terms and conditions at Branches
1. THE SERVICE AND OUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- 1.1 We are agreeing to provide you with a money transfer service to send money to people known to you personally and not to pay for goods and services. We do not accept any responsibility for any goods or services which may be paid for by a money transfer (or any taxes, charges or duties payable thereon). You are cautioned against sending money to any person or organisations which you do not know. Once a transfer is picked up by the receiver as per your instructions, Salabed would be unable to recover it.
- 1.2 Force Majeure: Unless prevented by a Force majeure, we will make the Money Transfer with reasonable care and skill and in accordance with all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements for making such transfer in the United Kingdom and all other territories in which we operate.
- 1.3 Speed of Service: We will make every effort to complete every Transfer within the time frames quoted in clause 2.1 but there may be delays due to circumstances beyond our control, or due to requirements upon us for regulatory compliance.
- 1.4 Caution: We take it upon ourselves to caution you against "too good to be true" online deals; Texts or emails requesting funds by "stranded" friends or relatives; donations to unrecognised individuals or charities during disasters; and the many other fraudulent situations. We would not be able to assist in retrieving funds once paid out.
- 1.5 Territory of Service: Our money transfers service is currently only available to United Kingdom customers sending money to receivers in Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and vice versa.
- 1.6 www.moneyswift.com:This web site is owned by Salabed ('us') and by accessing, registering, and using it, the user ('you') is accepting to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- 1.7 Warning: We are bound by anti-money laundering regulations and anyone suspected of using our service for any illegality or terrorist financing may be reported to the relevant authorities.
- 1.8 Terms: We consider these terms, as well as any applicable laws, or regulations, the instruction and our price list to set out the whole agreement between you and us for the making of the transfer and a contract will come into effect once you submit your Instruction for transfer.
- 1.9 Instruction: The Instruction is an offer by you to enter into a binding contract with us, which we are free to accept or decline at our absolute discretion.
- 2.0 Completion: The contract will come to an end (with the exception of clause 11 (liability)) once the Transfer has been completed by us and received by the Beneficiary, or terminated by either party.
2.1 Services offered by us:
- 2.1.1 Online to cash service: where the receiver is able collects physical cash from a paying out agent. A transfer would typically be available for collection within 30 minutes of transfer during working hours in both countries.
- 2.1.2 Online to Bank account service: where we deposit a transfer to a specified bank account. We would typically deposit on bank accounts no later than next working day.
- 2.1.3 Online to Mobile phone service: where a transfer is credited to the receiver's mobile phone wallet account. We would typically credit the transfer within 1 hour during working hours in the United Kingdom.
- 3.1 Registration: You will only be able to use our online money transfer service by first registering and setting up an account with us on our money transfer system at www.moneyswift.com:
- 3.2 Keeping your log in details secure: For the safety and security of your transfer and personal data, you will choose a user name and a secure password only known to you. It is your responsibility not to reveal these login details to anyone else, not even a member of our staff.
- 3.3 Reporting Suspicion: You agree to inform us as soon as possible when you suspect or become aware that your login details may have been compromised. Failure to advise us could leave you exposed to all charges for Instructions originating from your account with us.
- 3.3 Personal Data: As prompted by the system you agree to provide us with your personal data as follows and also to continually update it as and when it changes for as long as you continue using our services.
- 3.3.1 Your full legal names
- 3.3.2 Your gender
- 3.3.3 Your date of birth
- 3.3.4 Your nationality
- 3.3.5 Your full residential address
- 3.3.6 Your landline and/or mobile telephone number
- 3.3.7 Your active email address
- 3.4 Identification: You might also be requested to upload a copy of your Identification
- 3.4.1 Either a valid Passport and/or Photographic Driver's licence
- 3.4.2 You might also be requested to upload a current proof of source of income such as
- 18.104.22.168 Pay slips - no older than 3 month
- 22.214.171.124 Loan letter
- 126.96.36.199 Completion certificate for sale of property
- 188.8.131.52 Bank statement
- 184.108.40.206 Any other verifiable proof of source of income
- 3.5 Prompt Provision of Requested Information: We are required to comply with anti-money laundering legislations and failure to provide complete and correct information and instructions may delay the transfer or lead us to cancel the instruction. We would not in this case, accept any liability for failure to effect a transfer.
- 3.6 Recipient's Details: You will need to provide us with the following full personal data of the Recipient to enable us make the Transfer in accordance with these Terms.
- 3.6.1 Receiver's full legal names
- 3.6.2 Receiver's date of birth
- 3.6.3 Receiver's nationality
- 3.6.4 Receiver's full residential address or postal box number
- 3.6.5 Receiver's landline and/or mobile telephone number
- 3.6.6 Receiver's active email address
- 3.6.7 Country where the receiver is to receive the transfer
- 3.7 Exchange Rates and Charges: You will need to check our sending exchange rates and charges before proceeding as transfer cancellations afterwards may involve charges. All our transfers are paid to the recipient's in their local currencies as shown at the time of ordering.
- 3.8 Order amount: Specify amount you intend to transfer and pay us the full send amount plus our charges before we are able to initiate your transfer.
- 3.9 Penalties: If you submit a transaction which results in us being charged, we would claim all such fees from you.
4. Mode of Payment to us:
- 4.0.1 Online Bank Transfer from your bank account to our client funds account: Money Swift Ltd, Sort code: 609263 account no. 15854301. No cash deposits accepted on this account.
- 220.127.116.11 We will not effect the transfer until cleared funds are reflected in our account.
- 18.104.22.168 It is your responsibility to ensure there are sufficient funds on your bank account as Salabed will not be responsible for any unauthorised overdraft charges or penalties imposed on you by your bank.
- 22.214.171.124 Transfer the funds after completing the instruction on the system and use the unique reference number provided by the system as the reference on you bank transfer.
- 126.96.36.199 Instructions for which funds are not received by midnight on the day of instruction would be cancelled by us.
- 4.0.2 Credit and debit cards: Any of the Credit or Debit cards shown on our website. The card must be registered in your names. Some card providers may treat your payment to us as a cash transaction rather than a purchase transaction consequently charging cash advance fees and maybe additional interest. It is your responsibility to check with your card provider as any such charges would not be covered by us. When using a credit or debit card for your transfer, you authorise us to take immediate payment from that card.
5. Limits on transferable amounts:
- 5.1 Credit and Debit Cards:You can send no more than £2,000.00 a day in either a single or multiple transactions using this payment mode.
- 5.2 Online Bank Transfer: You can transfer no more than £5,000.00 in either a single or multiple transactions a day using this payment mode.
6. Receiving (or paying out) option:
- 6.1 You need to specify if the transfer is to be picked up in cash by the receiver, or it is to be deposited into a bank account, or transferred to a mobile phone. Only one pay out option can be selected per transfer.
- 6.1.1 Cash Collection: If the transfer is to be picked in cash, it is the sender's responsibility to advise the receiver of:
- 188.8.131.52 The collection address where cash is to be picked up
- 184.108.40.206 The 12+ character unique reference number without which the correspondent agent would not be able to pay out the transfer. You agree NOT to reveal this code and any added security questions and answers we may use to anyone other than the recipient.
- 220.127.116.11 The expected collection amount.
- 18.104.22.168 Also to make the receiver aware that valid Identification would be required before cashing the transfer.
- 22.214.171.124 Advise the receiver that she or he would be required to sign for the cash.
- 6.1.2 Bank Deposit: If the transfer is intended to be banked, it is the sender's responsibility to ensure we are furnished with full and accurate bank details on which the transfer is to be deposited. We will not be responsible for funds deposited on an incorrect bank account due to incorrect information provided to us.
- 126.96.36.199 Charges: You need to be aware that the receiving bank may impose some charges which would be deducted from the transfer amount.
- 6.1.3 Mobile Money: If the transfer is intended to be credited to the receiver's mobile money wallet, it is the sender's responsibility to ensure that the receiver's correct mobile number is entered in the system. Once the money is sent to a wrong mobile number, it could be impossible to recover it.
- 188.8.131.52 Registration: It is your responsibility to ensure that the receiver is registered with his/her mobile network for the mobile money service.
- 184.108.40.206 Mobile Network Charges: Mobile networks providing mobile money service may charge. This charge has nothing to do with us and it is your responsibility to check before proceeding as these charges may be deducted from the transferred amount and would not be reflected on our receipt.
- 220.127.116.11 Mobile Network Failure: We would not be responsible for the Receiver's mobile network down time or network disruptions of any sort.
- 18.104.22.168 Mobile Money Transaction Limits: Mobile networks may have limits on amounts that can be received in a single payment. You need to check as this could cause delays in the transfer.
- 22.214.171.124 Mobile Money Wallet Limit: Mobile networks may have limits as to the total amounts that can be held in their customers' mobile wallets. You need to check this limit and ensure the receiver's number has enough capacity to receive the intended transfer.
7. Sending Instructions on behalf of Third Parties:
You cannot send or receive money via our service on behalf of a third party. Our service is for personal rather than commercial use. For transfers on behalf of Companies, Charities, Associations, or any other organisations, please contact our head office or visit one of our branches for details.
8. Source and Purpose of Funds:
confirm that all money transferred is from lawful sources and it is being sent for bona fide and lawful purposes.
- 8.1 We may refuse to process your Instruction after we discover that either you or your intended Beneficiary is listed on any sanctions list. In such event, you acknowledge that we may be obliged by law (and shall be entitled to) confiscate the amount paid by you and pass it and your details to the relevant authorities.
- 8.1 Please check that the details in these terms and on the Instruction are complete and accurate before committing to the contract. Ensure you understand the Terms before submitting the Instruction, because you will be bound by the Terms once a contract comes into effect between us, in accordance with clause 1.6.
9. CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
- 9.1 Intention to Cancel: If you wish to amend or cancel a transfer you should call, or email, or write to our contact details listed above.
- 9.2 No expiry to Cancellation Period: You are at liberty to cancel the transfer at any time unless the transfer has already been paid out to the beneficiary.
- 9.3 Communication of Cancellation: Cancellations need to be communicated in writing by either email or letter to the contact details listed above quoting the full transaction details and stating reason(s) for the cancellation.
- 9.4 Uncompleted Instructions: If the transfer has not yet been paid out:
- 9.4.1 We will refund the full transfer amount plus commission as charged on our receipt if cancellation is due to our failure to comply with the terms of this contract.
- 9.4.2 Cancellation instruction by you other than clause 9.4.1 may attract cancellation charges equivalent to charged commission as shown on your receipt in reflection of costs already incurred by us.
- 9.4.3 Refunds will be made by the same means of payment which you originally used to pay us and in the same currency.
- 9.4.4 No adjustments will be made for any currency fluctuations which may have occurred between the transfer date and cancellation.
- 9.4.5 We aim to credit the refund where one is due, in no more than 30 days from receipt of your cancellation notice.
- 9.5 Completed Instructions: We will not be liable to refund where a transfer is paid out to a wrong receiver who manages to supply our paying out agent with full and correct transaction details including the 12 digit unique reference number (clause 126.96.36.199).
- 9.6 Seizure by Law Enforcement: We will not be liable to refund transfers withheld by law enforcement agencies.
- 9.7 Third Parties: Only parties to this contract have a right to enforce this agreement. No third parties are entitled to any refunds.
- 9.8 Refund after a Year: We may not be able to refund for claims made for paid out transfers, after a year of the transaction date.
10. PRICE AND PAYMENT
- 6.1 The commission charged on the transfer will be as set out in our standard commission table in force or as shown on the order form at the time we confirm your instruction. Rates may change at any time, but price changes will not affect Instructions that we have already confirmed. Our quoted prices are inclusive of all relevant duties. As well as the commission you pay on a transaction, we may make a profit from the difference between the exchange rate we offer you and that at which we convert your money.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITIES
- 11.1 Subject to clause 11.3, our total liability to you in relation to a single instruction, is limited to the maximum extent permitted by law, to the amount of the relevant Transfer.
- 11.2 (Without prejudice to clause 11.1) we will not be liable for any loss of income or profits as our service is offered for personal rather than commercial purposes.
- 11.3 This clause 11 does not limit in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any breach of the obligations implied by section 2 of the supply of Services and Services Act 1982, or for losses for which it is prohibited by section 7 of the Consumer Protection Act 1987 to limit liability, or for any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
12 EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
- 12.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these Terms that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event). This includes any act, event, non-occurrence, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes, in particular (without limitation), the following:
- Strikes, lockouts or other industrial action; or
- Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war; or
- Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster; or
- Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks.
- 14.1 If any court or competent authority determines that any of the provisions of these Terms are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the relevant term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining Terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- 14.2 If we fail, at any time while these Terms are in force, to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not excise any of our rights or remedies under these Terms, that will not mean that we have waived such rights or remedies and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you that will not mean that we will automatically waive any subsequent default by you. No waiver by us of any of these Terms shall be effective unless we expressly say that it is a waiver and we tell you so in writing.
- 14.3 You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to another person without our prior written consent, which we will not withhold unreasonably. We can transfer all or any of our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights under these Terms.
- 14.4 A person who is not party to these Terms shall not have any rights under or in connection with them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
the terms and conditions set out in this document.
"Us", "We", and "Our":
means Money Swift trading as salabed, its directors, agents, employees, and Successors.
"You" and "your":
means users of our money transfer service either as Senders or Receivers of money.
means someone who uses our service to send money.
"Receiver" or "Recipient" "Beneficiary":
means the person to whom you require us to transfer money, as specified in the Instruction.
Means a request for a money transfer with the details provided to us by you on this site.
"Transaction" OR "Transfer":
means a specific instruction to send money through the service.
The service that we are providing to you of making a money transfer in accordance with your Instruction, and "completion" of a Transfer shall mean making it available for collection by our agent, or banked on receiver's account, or made available on the receiver's phone.
Force Majeure Event:
has the meaning given to it in clause 12